Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 4

Week 4 is now complete and I have had all the adventure one person needs in a week. Still I suppose it is testament to my growing confidence that I tackled the adventures. It was thanks to Pete’s post of the 17th March that I eventually worked out how to put the feed onto my blog. I selected Google Reader as my reader of choice – mainly because the password to use it is the same as my blog. Will I make RSS feed watching part of my daily routine – definitely not. I already feel we have an overwhelming surfeit of information coming into our lives (its too noisy out there), however there are a few blogs that are relevant to my work and life that I now know how to arrange in a convenient location and that is good for me and I recognise that on a larger scale this is good for the Library.

1 comment:

Misao said...

Sorry to intrude into your Cone of Silence, and I promise to keep my voice down to a gentle whisper, but I couldn't agree more about the the overwhelming amount of information out there. RSS is great technology, and I love the internet (I can't imagine life without anymore), but because I have no real need for constant information I would much rather go out as a hunter-gatherer than have home delivery.