Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week 11


Really liked Google Docs – the edit anywhere anytime approach and the myriad of templates made an impression. I didn’t use ZOHO - what can I say realising I had to create yet another account deterred me somewhat and the training info did state that the core features matched up well with Google Docs. Did my desk shift on the first afternoon after I had looked at Google Docs and recommended the site to a customer who was looking for resume templates. She went away really happy. Slideshow looked interesting, but I still have such reservations about putting any of my “stuff” out there. I only have one picture on Flickr (and that’s of a tree) so you can see what I mean! I’m intrigued to know what Thumbstacks offered, but alas there was no access available and the Slideshow exploration of online tools wouldn’t open either on the occasions I tried. In theory the collaborative options all seem great, but being in the “lap of the gods” in terms of availability a lot of the time makes me really appreciate an in-house network with somebody at the help desk when things go wrong

3 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to see you were able to immediately apply the Week 11 learnings!
Nearly at the end of the program now!
Kathleen A.

Vicki said...

See - it has been useful!

Naomi said...

I'm not up to thast week yet, but those templates sound really helpful!